INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
a) Author Guidelines
STANDARDS for 'ARTICLES'
Before submitting an article, each Author should make sure that his/her text adheres to the following format standards for publication: Font – single-space; 11-point Tahoma font; bold and italics rather than underlining (except URL addresses). Tables/Graphs – insert within the text at the appropriate places rather that at the end of your doc.
Pictures/Videos/Audios – insert within the text at the appropriate places rather that at the end of your doc. Also, submit these images/video/audio files as separate files to be stored on OBS* server (upload them as suplementary files).
Style and Bibliography Standards – please use the APA styleguide.
Title – concise and informative. Please remove the information of authors´ names, emails, and affiliations for double-blind review process.
Abstract – no more than 200 words. (note: if your text is written in a language other than English, please submit both an original and an english version of your abstract, title, and keywords). Keywords – 3 to 6 keywords.
URL – all URL addresses in the text and bibliography/references should be active and ready to click. Lenght of articles - 30 pages maximum
Permissions - Authors are required to obtain permissions to reproduce previously copyrighted materials from other sources in both print and electronic form.
START YOUR ONLINE SUBMISSION
If you are NOT yet registered as an Author in OBS* website, please go to REGISTER. You will need to be registered as an Author before you can start an online submission. If you are already registered as an AUTHOR, please LOGIN into OBS*’ website (enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD). Your role as AUTHOR is displayed automatically and you should click on it in order to start your online submission session. Then press CLICK HERE TO START AN ONLINE SUBMISSION and a 5-step online submission session will be displayed.
1. Starting Submission (tick checklist; select journal section, either article or book review; enter comments to the Editor). At the bottom, please press “save and continue” button.
2. Enter MetaData (enter your text’s title/abstract/keywords, indexing details, and your personal details) Then press “save and continue” button.
3. Upload Submission (upload your text file). Then press “save and continue” button.
4. Upload supplementary files if existent (If not, click on “save and continue” to proceed). Supplementary files such as Pictures (JPEG, GIF), Audio (MP3, AIFF, WAV), Video (Quicktime, MPEG, AVI, or WMV) are accepted formats.
5. Confirmation of Submission (please, do not forget to press “save confirmation” at the bottom of the page).
If you still have any doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Submission Preparation Checklist:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. The submission is either an original text, a translation or a conference presentation paper. If your submission is not an original text, please refer to ‘Permissions’ under Author Guidelines.
2. The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
3. When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
4. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
5. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
6. If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal (such as Articles), the instructions in Ensuring a Double Blind Peer Review have been followed. Please make sure all information of authors' names, emails, and affiliations were removed from the submission text and file.
b) Open Access formula. Free access papers going through a sound scholarly process of double blind peer-review.
Observatorio (OBS*) has an academic journal profile. As such, it is dedicated to the open exchange of its contents, and freely available to individuals and institutions without charge or formalpermission.
Authors who publish in Observatorio (OBS*) will release their contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5. This licence allows anyone to copy and distribute the article for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given.
and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively
for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available
for any other purpose or to any other party.